Multiple Steams of Income and Avenues of Revenue

So, here I am blogging on Blogger...9:23am on the worst holiday of the year: Halloween.

By the way, sold that twitter stock many moons ago, and maybe made about $15??? Loaded!

Blogging in itself can be another avenue of revenue if you are successful at it. But I have been trying it for years and have just shy of $50 in my adsense account and have never seen a penny cause a check will not be cut till you hit $100.

I suppose though it's fitting I'm blogging on this blog right now, because lately I've been really searching and praying for ways to make extra money. What I've discovered is there are endless ways to do so, but they take a commitment of never giving up, always searching for knowledge and a constant effort. Coming back from Africa in the beginning of September I realized I needed to do something to earn extra revenue. Selling on ebay was suggested to me and slowly I started to look into it and see what was possible. The first thing I realize is I had nothing to sell. Or so I thought.

Seek and ye shall find! It's biblical, Jesus even said it, and searching has been a great key. Searching for knowledge. Knowledge that is hidden from the unassuming eye, knowledge that takes at least a little bit of effort to discover. Knowledge that is at least just under the surface to prevent anyone from just accidentally discovering it.

Silver and gold! That is where I started, looking for silver and gold in thrift stores. First though I needed to understand what to look for: 925, .925 or sterling for silver and a k for gold.... I am lacking in the ID-ing gold department, but it is very easy to look up. Study and research!

What I have discovered is that gold is very valuable! Silver not quite so much, but they both definitely can be found. I have also discovered the chances of finding gold and silver at the local Goodwills is very slim. Now you can find loads of silver plated in thrift stores, but it's not really valuable, as it's only a thin coating of silver not of much worth.

Anyway, studying how to identify silver and gold has already born fruit, and though I did not find them in a thrift store, I did find them in a couple of old jewelry boxes that were filled with costume jewelry and the such. Taking my finds to a jeweler to determine the value, and though the jeweler may have lowballed me for the gold, $45 for two grams (the quality of the gold may have made a difference), I found what I was really looking for, knowledge and experience. The $45 was just the icing on the cake.

Everything takes time! I am not expecting to get rich quick but what I have discovered is that knowledge is wealth, or at least gives you the ability to obtain wealth, if God so permits. God willing! That is the bottom line for me, everything is God willing.

This is just a taste of what I have been doing. But the ideas are endless, from selling used books on Amazon, to selling used clothing (in good condition) on eBay, to making youtube videos (which I have not really looked into yet).

Multiple streams of income. Where the Lord leads I will follow! I'm preaching on a money blog cause that's what I do, preach! Preacher!

Anyway. I'm out!

Comments

Popular Posts